Public talks in Lent 2012:
- 14th Gender Symposium: Appearances of Gender, held on 9 March 2012 in the Palmerston Room, St John's College, Cambridge. Participants included: Professor Amy de la Haye, Professor Amanda Vickery, Maisie Maud Broadhead, Professor Christopher Breward, Dr Alyce Mahon, Dr Emma Tarlo, Professor Evelyn Welch.
- Professor Marc Stears, Professor of Political Theory, University of Oxford; Visiting Fellow, Institute for Public Policy Research, gave a talk on After Blue Labour? State and Democracy on the British Left on 16 February 2012 in the Harley Mason Room, Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. A recording is available at the link above.
- Ms Virginija Langbakk, Director of the European Institute for Gender Equality gave the Juliet Mitchell Lecture on Are we on the road to real equality? on 1 February 2012 in the William Mong Hall, Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge.
Public talks in Michaelmas 2011:
- Professor Susan Vinnicombe OBE and Dr Ruth Sealy, School of Management, Cranfield University, gave a public talk on Women on Boards: Business as Usual! on 31 October 2011 in The Rushmore Room, St Catharine's College, Cambridge.
- Professor Cindi Katz, Professor of Geography in Environmental Psychology and Women’s Studies at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, gave the Diane Middlebrook and Carl Djerassi Lecture on Superman, Tiger Mother: Aspiration Management and the Child as Waste on 21 October 2011 in the Upper Hall, Jesus College, Cambridge.